Work history includes project development in various aspects of management, operations, business, & the arts. Experience working with: underrepresented populations, students in higher education, not-for profit organizations, issue resolution, legislative affairs, and sponsorship procurement for organizations.
Chicago Project Management Chicago, IL.
Public Affairs Director
Chicago Project Management combines efficient organizational capacities & a spirit of fun! Working with musicians, artists, and community agencies, we are at the forefront of event planning and project management.
- Negotiate Contracts
- Nurture Client/Customer Relationships
- Interns Recruiter
• Illinois Legislative Black Caucus Foundation Scholarship Committee
• Jazz in the Alley
• Rap Around Chicago
• Natures Bio Organic Farms
• Jazz Unites
• DuSable Museum of African American History
• African Festival of the Arts
• National Hip Hop Political Convention
• 2nd Place, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, Regional Mc Nair Scholars Research Symposium (2004)
• McNair Scholars National Research Symposium (2004)
• Illinois Board of Higher Education Student Advisory Committee Quiet Influence Award 2002-2003
• Joliet Junior College President’s Roll of Merit
2010 - present
2010 - present
Coy Pugh & Associates Chicago, IL.
Oct 2010-May 2012
- Public policy development
- Build relationships with legislators, public, & business sectors
- Special Interest Advocate
- Mental health assessments
- Co-facilitated psycho-social rehabilitation, intensive, and empowerment groups
- Individual counseling for clients with personality and substance abuse disorders
- Created and updated confidential, physical and electronic records for state and federal audits
- Designed and facilitated a cognitive behavioral stress reduction therapy group
Community Mental Health Council Chicago, IL. Illinois 2009-2010
President of Black Psychology Society (2004-2005)
Black Women’s Task Force (2004-2005)
Psi Chi (Vice President, CSU Chapter 2008-2009)
Minority Student Internship Fellow (2008-2009)
Graduate Research Assistant
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, IL.
Bachelors of Arts
Concentration: Psychology & Sociology
Chicago State University Chicago, IL.
Masters of Arts
Concentration: Community Counseling Psychology
May 27, 2010
Student Trustee (May 2002- May 2003),
Student rep Illinois Community College Board
Student rep Illinois Board of Higher Education
Student Government President (2001-02)
Black Student Union President (2000-01)
Joliet Junior College Joliet, IL.
Associates of Arts